Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Ah Ha! vol. 7: Procrastination

I've been having a hard time lately. Lots and lots of anxiety and panic, which makes it hard for me to do things which in turn adds to my anxiety and panic. Normally, this is frustrating, but right now I'm working on finishing my portfolio and I'm in a time crunch.

When I get like this, I get stuck in a cycle. The anxiety comes, then I have a hard time working then I beat myself up for not getting things done which makes the anxiety worse. In the past, I'd usually give up. But that's not an option for me anymore. There is no way I'm going to give up after the past two years of working my ass off, sleepless nights, money and sacrifices.

I realized, I only have today. I don't have tomorrow yet and what I did yesterday doesn't matter, it's over. In the interest of my sanity, I have to focus on what I can do right this minute. If thinking about the entire day wigs me out, I can take it a moment at a time. It's all going to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation