|The offending Beaver|
I’ve been working on this painting for the past couple of weeks and I’m at a point where I want to give up on it. I was super happy with it until I started the blasted Beaver.
I mixed a bunch of gauche and watercolors together to get the purple I wanted and went for it. However, using that mixture made the texture gloppy and gross, the opposite of what I wanted. I then flooded the board with water and wiped it with paper towels to lift some color. Still gross. I thought if I let it dry maybe it would work out. But I couldn’t leave it alone. I was watching TV and the Beaver’s gross, ugly face was staring at me out of the corner of my eye, begging to be fixed. So I tried to fix it and kept making it worse and worse. I had to move it out of my line of vision so I didn’t screw it up further.
I don’t know what I’m going to do with it now. It’s atrocious. The Beaver might be DOA.