Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Divergent: A Love Story (I'm in love with it)

I tried to find fan art I like, but I couldn't find any I didn't think was too cheesy (immature) for me. So, I made my own. I really enjoyed creating this.

Last week, I mentioned I'm reading the Divergent series. You guys, I'm completely obsessed with these books. There is a Tris and Four sized hole in my heart, now that I've finished. When I was coming up on the end, I was alerted I may be a little upset by it, so I finished it that night. So upset. I cried to Oh Kaye (she's previously read them). She comforted me as I discussed the ridiculousness of crying this much over fictional characters (discussed through tears).

I embroidered the little dude on the zip line. The zip line has meaning throughout all three books

I don't know the last time I was so emotionally invested in a book(s). Probably high school. I've watched the trailer for the movie more times than I care to share, I've been evangelizing to friends and family and coworkers (my deskmate is too nice to tell me to be quiet. He also allows me to sing out loud to music he hates on a daily basis. He's a saint). I convinced Bestie to read them and she's just as hooked. I want her to hurry and finish so we can talk about the end.

Mixed media, water color, pencil and thread

I'm planning a party to see the movie on opening night, March 21 and if you're in the NYC area and are interested in accompanying, please let me know. The more the merrier. Also, like the true fan girl I've never before been in my life, I'm planning on rereading the first book before the movie. Even though it's in less than a month (I needed a break in the interim so I'm going in a completely different direction with Gillian Flynn's Dark Places).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation