Thursday, December 12, 2013

Art art art artiste

This is some jewelry I made and it's the only picture of art I could find at the moment. I did comb my old blog for a picture and see bad memories and embarrassing writing
I make art. But, I haven't made some real art for myself since this group show where I didn't have time to put my piece together and so I threw something together at the last minute and it was terrible and humiliating. That was almost 3 years ago. I love painting and making things. I have a hard time getting into something unless I know it's going to be great. Unfortunately, art isn't like that. As Macklemore says, "The greats were great because they paint a lot."

I'm committing right now, on here, to do a personal art project. Whatever I want, combining traditional art with writing and all that. I have had several traumatic relationships with men and I want to do something around that. These relationships run the gamut and I think it'll be helpful and cathartic to do a project around my feelings. A healing.

I need accountability. By this time next year, I'll have something to show. It may be shit, it may be awesome, it will most likely be somewhere in between. I'm going to do it!