Friday, June 7, 2013

BSTW: The Postal Service


Instead of the normal Best Stuff This Week post, I'm going to share about seeing one of my favorite bands, The Postal Service. I went to their show last night and it was so wonderful. I've been waiting for them to go on tour together for 10 years. I've seen five Death Cab For Cutie shows in the meantime (which were great, I loved them for many, many years) hoping they'd play a Postal Service song. Never happened. So, last night was like a dream come true.

My friends and I appropriately kept it weird:


The nice girl who drove just happened to have these masks in the car (for occasions such as this) so we brought them in. Which was great because we also used them as fans and to ward off the body odor and constant farting that was happening in front of us.


In the actual theater, the bass was way too loud and the acoustics weren't great, but I loved it. I was having major nostalgic flashbacks the whole time and I couldn't have been happier. I'm overjoyed they finally toured as a band.

If you were there, what did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the conversation